Science is one of the crucial subjects in the school curriculum. Therefore, it becomes essential for kids to learn and understand every scientific concept taught in school for better academic performance. Sometimes, certain concepts might be challenging for kids to grasp or understand. In such a situation, you can conduct experiments to teach scientific concepts to kids. For example, if you want to show how an egg drops without getting damaged or broken when dropped from a certain height, you can conduct a small experiment to teach them the science behind it. This experiment can be one of the science project ideas for kids.
Little ones can conduct egg drop experiments at home or in the classroom under the guidance of elders or teachers. You need nothing but materials that are easily accessible. Kids need not hunt or struggle to get materials beyond their capabilities. Therefore, you can conduct an egg drop project systematically from the materials readily available at home. With the help of this project, you can teach kids the phenomenon of motion and gravity. You can assist your children while they perform experiments for better results. Sometimes, little ones might get stuck in the procedure, which can hamper their experiment. Therefore, you can help your children perform this experiment effectively.
Learning science through experiments enables children to observe and develop logical conclusions. Kids can perform experiments and derive conclusions from them. This helps them learn the concept by performing experiments with detailed precision and conviction. Most importantly, kids improve their focus and concentration while performing experiments. Usually, we know for the fact that when you drop an egg from a certain height, it breaks. But, when you conduct the egg drop experiment, you will understand the scientific reason why it does not break even when you drop them on the surface.
Easy Egg Drop Science Experiments for Children
Kids can use materials that prevent eggs from breaking when dropped from a certain height. You can help kids design a structure that helps them learn the concept of gravity and motion by conducting egg drop experiments. Check out the following aim, materials required, procedure, and result of the egg drop experiment given below.
Aim of the Project
To perform the experiment to prevent eggs from breakage when dropped from a significant height using the materials available at home under the supervision of elders.
- A ziplock bag
- Bubble wraps
- An egg
- A jar
- A tape
- Take an egg and wrap it with the bubble wrap multiple times securely with tape.
- Take a plastic jar and fill it halfway with peanuts.
- Place the bubble-wrapped egg inside the jar containing peanuts.
- Once you keep an egg securely inside the jar, you can fill the jar again with the peanuts.
- Take the jar and wrap it with bubble wrap multiple times on all the sides with adhesive tape.
- Take a ziplock bag and place the jar inside the bag safely.
- Finally, drop the ziplock bag containing an egg secured with bubble wrap from a significant height.
- Observe and record the changes.
In this experiment, kids can observe that the egg secured with bubble wrap falling from a certain height does break. The reason is that the good padding enables eggs to not come in contact with the surface, resulting in their breakage. The items like bubble wraps, jars, and ziplock bags become the protective layer of an egg preventing it from breaking. Apart from this, you can also use different materials to conduct this experiment. All you have to do is design a structure that is strong enough to keep the eggs secure and not allow them to break when dropped from a significant height.
Benefits of Learning Egg Drop Experiment
Conducting egg drop experiments enables children to understand the science behind it in a creative way. While performing this experiment, kids tend to retain the information they are learning in their memory for a long time. You can enhance your children’s creativity and communication skills by conducting tongue twisters for kids. Similarly, you can conduct science experiments to enhance your children’s scientific knowledge. Conducting egg drop experiments enables children to understand the concept quickly. The benefits of learning egg drop experiments for children are mentioned below.
- It increases children’s scientific knowledge for better academic performance.
- It develops creativity, problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills in children.
- It allows children to observe the changes they see while performing the experiment and come up with logical conclusions.
- It teaches children to build a structure that prevents the eggs from breaking when dropped from a height.
- It teaches children to strategize things to get the desired outcome they are looking for.
- It enables children to learn physics concepts, such as gravity, motion, momentum, etc., while performing the experiment.
- It develops organizational and critical thinking skills in children.